18.1.03

Today we ate at Thumbs Up Diner, my favorite breakfast place ever. You have to wait a long time because it's small and people like to eat there. Chris had the buckwheat hotcakes and I had a very cheesy omelet. I was watching the new MTV show, Made, where the girl wanted to be a cheerleader and she was a little chubby so she had to go on a diet. It included no cheese and that was so sad. I'm updating my journal in one week so i must be doing a better job keeping it up to date.

My favorite little kid stories this week include showing my kids the "Really Rosie" video, which is a cartoon made in the 70's with a soundtrack by carole king. It's so funny to hear the kids singing along to carole king. I think carole might be a good baby name. I'm always on the lookout for those. Anyway, their favorite song is called "I don't care": it's about this little boy who says I don't care all the time and one day he meets a lion and the lion asks, aren't you worried? I'm going to eat you! and the boy sings, "I don't care!" so the lion eats him (or as one of the kids says, swallowed him, because he didn't chew, and in the end he gets shaken out of the lion by worried parents). We were playing alphabet bingo and another little girl sang, I don't care! every time her letters didn't get called. Isn't that hilarious??

In other news I just completed this application to be a CMA at the Teach for America Institute, which means I will either be in Houston or New York this summer if I get it. It basically means you guide new corps members to be great teachers, but we'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home