4.10.03

Chicago Visit a Success! declares Jane

Wow, I had no idea Chicago was so cool. I got there at 1, took the cta (finally I ride the El after watching it for years on ER), to the Art Institute of Chicago, then a harried trip to the north shore via bus, commuter transit, and taxi resulting in a frantic search for correct change and a cta card worth 9.40 that still resides in my back pocket today.

I saw sooo many wonderful pieces including a small and delightful collection of Klees, and Seurat's infamous sunday on La Grande Jatte. ooh and warhol's mao which is 15 feet tall-did you know that? because i certainly didn't. and hopper's nighthawks which was prominently featured on last week's dead like me ironically.

the wedding, the real reason for this trip, was a brilliant success! and i got to spend a lot of quality time with my parents, which was great. i get to see them again this week when i head home for the real wedding of the year: gnr! I'M SO EXCITED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home