23.1.03

I saw an IMAX about whales yesterday and fell asleep several times. It was sooo soothing with the music and the waves and the quiet and the lulling and the warm seats. Anyway, I felt bad. I was at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History researching a field trip my class is taking next week. There's dinosaurs and dead stuffed animals and shells and jewelry too! Very cool museum.

Ate at Taqueria Del Sol which is one of my all time favorite restaurants now. They have these soft tacos that are sooo yummy--this isn't the refried bean and fatty chicken taco my friends, we're talking jalopeno mayonaise and fried tilapia tacos, pulled pork with red chile sauce, the best damned shrimp corn chowder on the planet!! And it's very cheap. I would consider it one of the best reasons to live in Atlanta. And I don't even like mexican food. It's kind of neuvo mexican take-out I gess. On my list of things I don't like:
1. Pasta
2. Indian food, particularly anything okra related
3. milk, except whole milk, sometimes
4. turkey

That's all for now. Right now I'm reading The Founding Brothers--pretty good read, very informative and well written. Joyce Carol Oates' Middle Aged: A romance, which is good but her use of the second person narrative is a bit jarring at times. (i.e. You are dead, you are being cremated, you were so ALIVE, now you're dead...yeah, we get it, stop beating us over the head with it!), and finally Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. Apparently Bret Easton Ellis called him the new Delillo. When you write like bret Easton ellis, I guess that can seem realistic. The book is ... juvenile, but still interesting. He definitely comes up with some interesting stuff-but it's like, can you write a whole novel based around urban myths? I guess so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home