22.3.03

excellent dining

Two great evenings of dining out...

Friday: Iris is a restaurant that has been missing in Atlanta for a long time. The emphasis was on fresh ingredients, simply prepared, artistically served and moderately priced. I loved this place, and it's only ten minutes away ! I started with the delicous lobster bisque; Chris had the lamb shank with roasted root vegetables (he literally left his plate clean--only the bone remained!) and I had a delicious pork tenderloin with mustard sauce. We even managed dessert, but it was disappointing: my creme brulee was room temperature. But all in all, a wonderful experience!

Saturday: Mu Lan, upscale Chinese restaurant. I had no idea how upscale until I saw the menu, where the entrees were around 15-20 dollars each. Obviously not your regular Buford Highway restaurant. It was in Midtown, a posher section of town, and it really presented itself well. Unlike Iris, this place was extremely done up. But like Iris every detail was attended to, from the lighting, seating, linens, and silverware to the excellent service. And the food was out of this world! We started with pork dumpling in a delicious and just right soy sesame sauce. Then Chris had the jumbo shrimp in black peppercorn sauce and I had the seafood combination in red curry. Both were out of this world fantastic. I also had the smoothest vodka martini i've ever had.

Currently I'm playing Word Mojo and Cubis on Yahoo games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home