2.3.03

Dean in 2004

Ok party people, I've finally chosen a candidate; after the loss of Gore and no clear road to take, and then just puttering about pondering the state of the democratic party and any good chance we have of winning this election, considering Kerry and then rejecting him, I'm agreeing with Dean. Supported by Rick, and then later Alex, Martin Sheen too, I see now that he is the only logical choice the true lefty, or at least the Democratic lefty has! And a damn good one too. So the only way of getting this guy elected is letting people hear who he is. On that, I've signed up to volunteer and to meet up with other Dean supporters. It helps that the meet up place is two seconds from my house.

If you are interested in Howard Dean, and would like to find a meet up in your area, just go to meetup.com.

In other news, I was awake at 7:30 today for no particular reason. I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding and did not like it. I saw half of Igby Goes Down and while I did like it, I only watched half of it, woe is me. I finished the Shipping News and while I enjoyed it greatly, I would have liked to have read it before watching the movie.

Dinner at New Indigo, which used to be Indigo Coastal Grill. The french seafood restaurant was very whimsical but there seemed be a strange smell lurking in the air, even when we asked to have our seats changed. And NO the smell was not me, I smelled like perfume. I should have had the salad rather than the french onion soup which was as Chris said, "only OK." Edible but not delicious. The entrees were great though, ribeye for chris (though it came underdone) with garlic potato rounds, and Grilled mahi-mahi with red pepper sauce on yukon gold puree (or mashed potatoes). The other choice was agnes and muriels and I might have preferred it, but change is good. I was feeling under the weather so we didn't make it across the street to What's the Scoop, supposedly the best ice cream next to Jake's in Atlanta. I don't crave ice cream, but I enjoy it. I'm not a very dessert person. What is YOUR favorite dessert dear reader? Inspire me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home