19.3.03

A triumphant return!

Things I learned on this trip:

1. Chris really hates the Counting Crows
2. There is only one good ride at Universal Studios
3. Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville has great coconut shrimp
4. Florida is the trashy capitol of the world
5. Universal Studios has the cleanest public bathrooms hands DOWN

Universal Vacation was an astounding success despite bumpiness at the start--getting lost on the Florida turnpike and an inability to get the park tickets because the ATM machine had eaten my debit card which I had used to purchase the tickets. Everything worked out and we had a realllly good time. And I even felt happy going to teach again so that's what I call a pleasant vacation. We did not eat at Emeril's, but the highlight for me was definitely Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant. I had to drag Chris there (he hates Jimmy Buffet with a vengeance), but I thought the coconut shrimp was delicious.

Warning--Nerd Alert In terms of rides we went on the Dueling Dragons roller coaster (which is two seperate roller coasters that intertwine) a million times, and Men in Black, which is the best ride ever, because you get to shoot at things and even I did well, so of course I enjoyed it :). My favorite ride is ET because it feels like you're flying on the bikes.

We heard about Iraq when we got in the car and the hip-hop station we were listening to was broadcasting Bush's speech, so of course we knew something sketchy was going on, which it was. I don't feel nervous, more a gut reaction of this is not going to end up well for anybody. Hopefully it will be over soon, but we all know that the war is just the beginning; the US's relation with the rest of world is jeopardized, but who cares? At least Bush is happy. Again, I would like to say that Howard Dean is the only presidential candidate who not only admits to being against the war, but actively states he believes it is wrong.

In less serious stuff, ahem, people who are "playing" the Battle of the Sexes game should note that having 2/6 people voted off will result in not getting many points! And why don't I have enough faith in Antoine who is the coolest player and gets the most points. It must be because he's Belgian.

Dinner at Hae Woon Dae, the best Korean restaurant in Atlanta, and the best I've ever eaten at in general and finally I get to see The Hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home