27.2.03

blahghghg

So I'm thinking of getting a new computer, and it's making my head hurt. Current money situation=not good. Loads of money dropped on recent New York disaster trip. Still have to go to dentist RE: ground down tooth that requires root canal due to bruxhism. Have to go to eye doctor. Have to go to "ladies" doctor. Have zero insurance (i know i'm a walking accident waiting to happen). And now I need a new computer because the one we have is a piece of shit and the school's computer is, apparently, on its last legs. Plus we have to find a new apartment because the place we have now is falling down around us. In addition to the constant ant problem, for whatever reason our bathroom tiles are falling off and the shower curtain rod just randomly fell off. Though these problems are currently resolved, I think it warrants mention that I'm apprehensive about renewing a lease.

In a Ms. SAT (stinky awful teacher) update: one of her students was transfered to my class after one of the students in her class BIT her. I requested her portfolio which should have included 1) student work and 2) an updated GKAP assessment. Which of course it did not. How can a portfolio, which is an accumulation of student work over the school year, contain ZERO student work? And how can the GKAP, which we have just finished the second round of, be almost completely empty?

Students who enter kindergarten in GA are tested individually during three windows, beginning middle and end of the year. We just tested for the middle, which included items like sorting shapes, blending sounds etc. When I confronted Ms. SAT she said, I didn't know. Even though she had come into my class in the middle of the day last month (as usual!) and asked me what those numbers on the assessment guideline meant. And even though I told her that meant those were the items to test. So now NONE of her kids have been tested. I think the sad thing is, those tests are meant to help you understand what you need to re-teach or emphasize in terms of skills. And even if she had tested, she wouldn't use those tests for that information. In a way I don't want to go to the principal because she's probably already fired, due to her poor overall performance. But in another way I feel like I need to bust her ass for being so stinky (both literally and figuratively.) I can understand why people feel sorry for her, and why she feels sorry for herself. She's fighting an uphill battle in an already difficult field. But damn it, there are children's futures at stake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home