24.1.03

School was cancelled today in Atlanta because of the "abnormally cold" weather. It was 9 degrees this morning! I think the reasoning was the many kids who ride the bus or walk should not be exposed to this abnormal weather, which they are not at all used to. I agree, most of the kids in my class wear huge parkas when it's forty or fifty degrees. I spent my day making:






It took a few hours--it's one of those quilt a month projects from Jo-Ann fabrics. Each month you make a quilt square (this was month one), and at the end you get the setting set and complete the quilt. I only got the one square, but maybe i'll stick with it to the bitter (batting) end. I think I might take a class. That or knitting, which is infinitely cheaper. You have to buy all kinds of tools for quilting.



Wednesday was the 100th day of school, so we celebrated by doing all things one hundred. We played 100 hide and seek, made 100 froot loops necklaces, made 100 crowns, and had 100 snacks. Here is the 100 poster we made:





To that end I spent all day on the one 12" square piece of fabric and now i'm spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home