15.8.04

Insert theme to 2001: Space Odyssey Here

Because this is, ladies and gents, my 100th blog.

In jane news:
1. Turned 25
2. Started work at my AWESOME new job
3. Embarrased myself to a new level of humiliation in a very public setting where a man with a microphone called me out.
4. Received two awesome and endearing gifts from two awesome and endearing friends.
5. Became a certified resident of the District of Columbia

Wow, so lots of stuff going on here.
But i just wanted to comment that prominently featured in the Washington Post Magazine is this girl who used to work on the Hill, slept with some guys, got fired from her job because she posted their initials and everyone figured out who they were, and took money from them, and as a result has a book deal, a Playboy layout (or whatever they call it) and a cover story in fricking washington post magazine! I mean good grief, I don't really care that she slept with several men or took money and "gifts" from them, but I really think that the public reaction to this chippie is a bit ridiculous. Is this where feminism has brought us? Just because this story takes place in DC does not make it any more "highbrow".

Also, I would just like to post the Teach For America Core Values, because I like them, I like to think about them and reflect on whether I am actually pursuing them in my life, and if Teach for America sues me, so be it (please don't sue me):

  • Relentless Pursuit of Results
  • Constant Learning
  • Personal Responsibility
  • Respect and Humility
  • Positive Outlook
  • Integrity
  • Collective Impact

On that note, please have a wonderful week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

It says on your profile that you only have 99 posts....

August 15, 2004 at 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um. who is this "joe" character? but quick, post a 100th entry!

hope you're enjoying that gameboy!

August 16, 2004 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home