11.4.05

Wedded Bliss

Better be damned good. Getting married in countdown 5 days, and I have had several horrific nightmares in the past few months regarding the wedding whereas I usually dream about bowls of fish or other placid mundane things.

Dreams include having a crinkled dress, having the reception at Horn and Horn smorgasbord, marrying Zell Miller's son (played by Scott Speedman!) who told me via correspondance after the wedding that he was going to hit me if I didn't "shut up!" after being chased by my ex-boyfriend on a bicycle. Chris had a Wedding related dream too--the wolfman broke up our wedding.

Reading:
I just ordered Kazuo Ishiguro's new novel Never Let Me Go, as well as Everything is Illuminated author's latest: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I'll fill in those gaps when I'm on a more reliable computer (blogger is not coming up on the powerbook for some reason). I'm finishing Sarum by Edward Rutherford. Those books are interesting, but they are sooo long. Also, When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park.

In a note, Jonathan Safran Foer, the author of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, awesome title, btw, was at Politics & Prose last night. What was I doing? Going over the seating arrangement with my mother.
What are some good children's books--like longer chapter books, in the vein of Charlotte's Webb?

Listening:
The Postal Service

Writing purpose:
Avoiding Getting Ready for work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuart Little by E.B. White is also a great read!

April 12, 2005 at 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Clipping Path Service said...


I'm personally a big fan of I'm not a ranter, I just talk a lot blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

November 6, 2018 at 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home