11.2.03

Traffic and Breakfast

This weekend told me a lot about Atlanta, namely that if an event is happening in Atlanta, get toilet paper, bread, and bottles of water because you're going to want to stay in during that time. After our attempted drive to buckhead friday evening, and the closing of the big lennox mall in buckhead (several malls around town actuallY), for some reason I thought Sunday would be a GREAT day to go to the mall. The drive up was annoying because people in huuge Cadillac Escalades and Hummer limos kept stopping to either buy/sell things out of their cars or from the side of the street. Or to yell at women for their numbers. After sitting in traffic for an hour, cursing myself, chris said, we'll get there and when we do we won't leave until it closes. Two stores later, and the doors are closing; I ask, 'are you closing already?' The nice salesperson tells me, 'yes, we're closing early. i would leave the mall if i were you.' Explanation: Two fights, a couple strippers and some fireworks have caused a mad dash for the doors, and the ensuing mayhem has required the mall to close approximately thirty minutes after our arrival. I didn't even have a chance to buy anything. I did see the SWAT team in the mall though.

Also, strangely, while the mall WAS packed with people, the stores were virtually empty. People were just leaning against walls staring at other people staring at them. I wish I had my digital camera!

8 1/2 x 11 was an excellent festival, some notable plays were actually dance numbers, one was completely set to the music of the clash, one was a strange rip off of Waiting for Godot, one was a story about a pedophile.

Best part of my weekend: cheesy omelet at Thumb's Up
Worst part of my weekend: I think you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home