26.1.03

I got so many things done today:
I went to my first Unitarian Universalist Church Service. It was pretty interesting but in the end, it was pretty much like..church. You sing songs and you pray and you listen to a long sermon. Some interesting things: They don't have crosses, they have "chalices," they call the prayer time "meditation," the prayers include poems by Walt Whitman, the sermon today was a long history of how Unitarians and Universalists are crazy liberal and how their whole thing is religious freedom. Basically they're saying, hey, man, believe whatever the hell you want, peace, you know? They're very new-agey. Chris was like, let's get the hell out of here, it is super white. I enjoyed myself however, I thought it was interesting, but at the same time I'm always looking out for the big C--not christians, cults! I will be back next week however to check out the 11:30 service, maybe it will be a more diverse crowd.

I got stood up at brunch. The person who was supposed to meet me was fifteen minutes late. The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum states that you should never stand tardiness. You should wait until your designated time and then leave, explaining later, "Oh, I just assumed you forgot." The person who was supposed to meet me ate brunch by herself, while I ate brunch with my fabulous boyfriend--french press coffee, crisp bacon and sweet orange rolls.

I bought playing cards. Chris and I, rather _I_, enjoy board games but many require too many people. I decided to get a pack of cards, teach chris gin rummy and hopefully this will expand our friday night repertoire, which is to watch movies, eat food, and that's about it.

I got my hair cut. My stylist is from Alaska, who knew? She made my ugly hair look pretty again. But she always blows it out until it looks like a big mushroom cloud. I want to scream don't you see how puffy my hair is?? Apparently she thinks I like it this way. But she flipped the ends out and everything became ok again.

I bought yarn. I was reading martha stewart living--a mistake already--and it had an article about knitting. Long story short, now I can do both a knit stitch and a purl stitch, and I need to special order angora wool from some crazy yarn company in New Jersey to complete the project. Frustration complete.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home